‘One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray.’ (Luke 11:1)
We claim the promise that God ‘is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us’ (Ephesians 3:20-21).
Tuesday Evening Prayer Meeting
This meeting is held from 7.15-8.00pm. We meet in Olive’s Room (enter from the Hall). Leader is Col Phelps (0428 968 867). We pray for the church, our nation, and the world. All are welcome.
Saturday Morning Prayer Meeting
This meeting starts at 8am and concludes at 9am. We meet in Olive’s Room (enter from the Hall). After a brief devotion we share prayer points and look over the church bulletin for the next day. Then we get to prayer for the church, for the community, for each other, for the nations etc. This meeting is led by Warwick Mason (9809 3860). All are welcome.
Sunday Morning Prayer Meeting
Note: This prayer meeting will commence at 9:30am instead of 9:00am while the combined morning services are run from Dec 1027 – Jan 2018. It will resume the usual 9:00am start from Feb 2018 onwards.
Sundays at 9 am we gather in the Prayer Room (enter from the Hall) for a short season of prayer, especially for the service about to commence. We pray:
- That God will accept the worship offered.
- That God’s presence may be felt in the Church.
- That those leading the worship may have a strength and power beyond their own.
- That the members of the congregation may have a right attitude of worship and that they may be receptive to God speaking to them.
- That strangers may come in – brought by members or by the direct prompting of God – and made welcome.
- That God’s will may be done – and none other.
In addition to these prayer meetings there is also an active email and phone prayer chain that is the church’s spiritual alarm system which communicates and takes prayerful action on the needs of the congregation, community and global needs.